OUR ISA FAMILY!!

Your pictures and fotos in a slideshow on MySpace, eBay, Facebook or your website!view all pictures of this slideshow

9/29/2009

12 Step Tuesday

12 Step Tuesday

Step 2 - Hope
Key Principle: Come to believe that the power of God can restore you to complete spiritual health!!


Diet after diet and a life time of struggle with my weight led me to realize my powerless over my food addiction, which stripped me of all hope! I had a strong belief in God (whom I lovingly refer to as my Heavenly Father), but I had no idea that he had any interest in my weight. Nor did I have any idea how he could help my lose the weight. Yes I had prayed many times (if you call pathetic pleading with Him to just "do it for me" a prayer). Finally I was so humbled that when I was introduced to this program I had hit "Rock Bottom". Which actually is a beautiful place to be!!! All the literature that I came upon for this program stated that in order for someone to have success with this and follow through with all the steps that is EXACTLY where they need to be...... "Rock Bottom". So if you feel frustrated and like you are there - REJOICE! That's right where the Lord needs you to be to work a miracle in your life. I witnessed those who had lost tons of weight on this program, but not the traditional way of hitting the gym for 3 hours per day and "fighting" the weight! They were happy! I was so grateful to learn that if I would just turn to the Lord, there would be "no habit, or addiction" that He couldn't take care of. I've witnessed the miracle of going from a "White knuckle approach to weight loss" to the Lord removing the desire for the movie popcorn, candy, ice cream and my favorite Loft house cookies.... you know the ones, with ALL the frosting... love em!! As my relationship with Lord improved the pounds fell off!! It was different this time... I felt safe like the weight wasn't going to come back. If wasn't a diet, it was a miracle!! My eating became all about fueling my body with "The Best".... not just having a party in my mouth!! Isagenix was like checking myself into "DAY SPRING". For 2 meals of the day I would whip up a healthy shake that is loaded with over 240 essential nutrients, all my amino acids, minerals, calcium, vitamins, digestive enzymes! All while cleansing out the harmful toxins and impurities!! It just made perfect sense!! And I felt (and feel) AMAZING!!!!

I realized that I had an illness as serious as diabetes or cancer or any other serious disease that can take your life, if you're not focused on the cure. Well I found my "cure" and there are a few simple tools that keep me on my road to recovery living a life that I could only dream of before. I found that with the grace of Jesus Christ I maintain my abstinence "One Day at a Time"!! I realized that my weight loss recovery must be spiritual! How weird that seemed to me.... I always thought it was about calories in vs. calories out and how hard I could work out every day. This was defying all my Nutrtion & Fitness background!! But What if you CAN'T control the calories in vs. the calories out. Meaning you were falling off the wagon every single weekend, or party, or sporting event or baby or bridal shower. Then there is no way you could ever reach you "Target Weight" you need to rely on a "Power Greater than Your Self". I found that power..... it lies in the atonement of Jesus Christ!!

This program is worth every effort! You must embrace these 3 words.... HONESTY, OPENMINDEDNESS AND WILLINGNESS!!! You must be Honest with yourself that if you have spent a lifetime batteling the weight then get honest and admitt that what you are doing ISN'T working!! You have to Open your mind and see that there is another way!! Then you must become Willing to submitt to the program and follow it as though your life depended on it! Because for some of you it does.... it may just be the quality of your life that depends on it!! Do you miss events because of your weight? What about swimming with your kids or going to places you might see old friends? Really ask yourself if you are living your highest quality of life with the body that God has blessed you with!! It's time!!

Action Steps for Step 2
Pray, Read and Meditate on the Scriptures!!


As you let go of pride and begin to consider bringing God back into your life, you will start to think in more prayerful terms. You will feel you have reopened a conversation with someone who will always answer you, not always with a yes but always with love. This desire to communicate with God will lead you to study the words of modern and ancient prophets. Make sure that you get a recovery journal and record (or we call it capture) those precious things that the Lord will reveal to you during this study time. Putting God first in my day every day has totally changed my life!! And it will yours to.... just remember the word HOPE. If that's all you can start with is a tiny ray of HOPE then start and you will witness His love for you and His power in your life!!

Love & Light,

No comments:

Post a Comment